a) Offer good for $500 CAD off any 15-day summer program or $750 CAD off any 40-day summer program with use of school-specific promo code.
b) Offer subject to program space availability. Programs are filled on a rolling basis.
c) Offer contingent upon program acceptance.
d) Discount will be applied to final program fee installment.
e) Discount is in Canadian dollars and will be applied to USD program fees according to our standard conversion rates.
f) This offer supersedes all other offers/discounts and cannot be combined with other offers/discounts. Discounts may be awarded alongside financial needs grants to a maximum of $750 CAD total toward any 40-day program.
g) Operation Groundswell reserves the right to modify, cancel, and limit any promotion or offer.
h) Applicable summer programs include programs beginning in May through August of 2019, as found on this page.
i) Offer must be claimed before paying deposit.
j) Discounted program fees are subject to our usual payment terms and conditions:
1. The deposit is non-refundable. The deposit required to reserve a spot on a 8- to 15-day program is $500; while the deposit required to reserve a spot on a 35- to 40-day program is $750.
2. The remainder of the program fee (minus the deposit) is fully refundable up to 90 days prior to the program start date, and 50% refundable up to 90 days prior to the program start date. At 60 days prior to the program start date the total program fee becomes non-refundable. At this point, the program fees for May 2018 programs are fully non-refundable, and we are not able to offer any extensions for payments.
3. Community contribution donations are not refundable at any point, except in the event of a program cancellation initiated by Operation Groundswell HQ. In the event of program cancellation, donors may request a refund from [email protected]
4. There will be no increase to the program price after a deposit has been made.
5. Canadians will be invoiced in CAD; all other invoices will be issued in USD.
6. In the event that Operation Groundswell cancels the program due to the minimum group enrollment not being met, Operation Groundswell will refund the full program fee, including the deposit. Operation Groundswell is not responsible for any other costs incurred in preparation for the program such as: flight, travel insurance, immunizations or any other associated costs.
7. Operation Groundswell assumes no responsibility for and is unable to issue refunds in the circumstance of events beyond its control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war (whether declared or not), terrorist activities, strikes, civil unrest, government restrictions, illness, delay, or cancellation.
8. Participants should not purchase their flights before confirming the details with their program leaders.
9. All participants are required to have travel medical insurance coverage for the duration of their program. Trip cancellation insurance on flights is optional but strongly suggested.
10. A valid passport is required for travel to this destination, and must remain valid for at least six months past the date of departure.
11. For some destinations, an entry visa must be purchased prior to departure, and it is the participant’s responsibility to procure the appropriate visa.
12. Please be advised that entry to another country may be refused even if the required information and travel documents are complete.
13. Please note that the living standards and practices at the destination country and the standards and conditions there with respect to the provision of utilities, services, and accommodation may differ from those found in your country of origin.
14. Please note that an additional 3.048% PayPal processing fee has been added to all CAD invoices, and a 3.7% PayPal processing fee has been added to all USD invoices.