04 Mar $500 Flight Voucher Giveaway with StudentUniverse!
Hello, future backpacktivists!
We are glad to announce that we’re giving away a $500USD flight voucher to one lucky participant on an upcoming Summer 2020 program (programs departing from June 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020)! The application deadline is March 30, 2020 to be eligible for the contest.
Where will you travel and learn this summer? Browse our open programs here.
Here are more details and the Official Rules:
- To enter, there is no purchase necessary – simply apply online for the upcoming Summer 2020 program of your choice! You’ll automatically be entered to win the flight voucher for your program.
- To be eligible, you must have paid your deposit on an upcoming summer 2020 program. You must be 18 years of age or older at the date of departure for your program, a legal resident of Canada or the United States and agree to the terms & conditions of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Operation Groundswell which are final. By participating in the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements; and agree to be bound by the decisions of Operation Groundswell, which are final and binding in all matters.
- The winner will be contacted on March 31, 2020. The voucher will not be awarded if the promotion recipient does not participate in one of the Summer 2020 programs. If a potential voucher recipient cannot be reached within five (5) business days after the first attempt to notify them, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential voucher recipient in their place from the remaining entries. The voucher recipient must respond with a valid email address where required documents can be sent.
- The contest period begins on March 5, 2020 and ends on March 30, 2020.
- The flight voucher will be worth $500 USD.
- The voucher is non-transferrable and may not be resold.
- Release & limitation of liability: By participating in the promotion, individuals who opt-in agree to release and hold harmless Operation Groundswell (OG), their employees, legal representatives, successors and assigns, and any advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or causes of action, suits, debts, indirect or direct damages arising out of participation in the promotion, or the awarding, acceptance and use or misuse of a flight voucher. The Released Parties shall not be responsible for: (i) any technical errors that may prevent an individual from opting in; (ii) unauthorized human intervention in the promotion; (iii) printing errors; (iv) errors in the administration of the promotion or the processing of opt-ins; or (v) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, opt-ins. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by OG on account of technical problems, human error, or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this promotion or downloading any materials in connection with this promotion. In the event Sponsor or its agents are prevented from continuing the promotion as contemplated by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war, or any federal, state, or local governmental law, order, or regulation, or order of any court or other cause not within its control, Sponsor and its agents shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend, or terminate the promotion. Should a program be cancelled, the flight voucher can only be applied to a different program with Operation Groundswell departing in the year 2020.
- By accepting the flight voucher, where permitted by law, the voucher recipient grants to the Released Parties and those acting pursuant to the authority of OG and the Released Parties (which grant will be confirmed in writing upon OG’s request), the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in all media without limitation at any time and in perpetuity the winner’s full name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and/or biographical information for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes in connection with OG, this promotion, and OG’s websites, subdomains thereof, and its digital media channels, without further payment or additional consideration, and without review, approval or notification.