09 Nov 9th Annual Photo Competition: Rules & Regulations
Did you snap a photo of some breathtaking vistas? Capture hilarious moments of your travel buddies on the ground? Get a shot of something so extraordinary no one would believe it happened otherwise? Even though we may not have travelled much in 2020, we can’t wait to relive memories from travels before or local adventures this year.
Share photos of your travels with our community of backpacktivists and you could win $1000 credit off of the 2021 program of your choice! For context, $1000 could cover over 70% of your program fee 🙂 Check out our 2020-21 open programs
So how does it work?
- Submit up to two (2) high resolution photos to [email protected] by Friday, November 20, 2020 at 5pm EST. Add a short caption (up to 100 words) to go with it, and your Instagram handle if you have one so we can tag you when we post your photo to our story.
- Voting opens up on our Facebook page AND begins on Instagram the next Monday, November 23, 2020.
- For a Facebook vote to count, your friends and family must like our page, then like your photo.
- On Instagram, our followers will determine their favourite photo over a series of polls in our stories. Photos will be randomly paired, and the public will vote on which of the pair they prefer until all but one photos are eliminated and we have a winner. We will tag you in our story if you provide your Instagram handle so you know when your photo is up for voting!
- The photo with the most likes by 11:59 p.m. on December 7th, 2020 is the grand prize winner on Facebook.
- The final showdown of photos for the Instagram contest will also be on December 7th, 2020.
- Winners will be announced on our Facebook page and Instagram page. If an entry wins on both Facebook and Instagram, they will receive the greater of the two prizes (i.e. if you come 1st place on Facebook and 2nd on Instagram, you will receive the 1st place prize of $1000 credit).
What are the prizes?
- Grand Prize (1 on Facebook, 1 on Instagram): $1000CAD credit on any OG program until October 1, 2021
- 2nd Place (1 on Facebook, 1 on Instagram): $500CAD credit on any OG program until October 1, 2021
- 3rd Place (1 on Facebook, 1 on Instagram): $250CAD credit on any OG program until October 1, 2021
*All prizes are transferable to family and friends. Simply notify Operation Groundswell who you are transferring the credit to so we can give the credit to the right person.
**If a photo wins on both Facebook and Instagram, they will receive the greater of the two prizes.
The Fine Print
- Credit is only applicable for our programs running from February 2021 to October 2021, but if the chosen program is suspended due to circumstances beyond OG’s control the credit may be used on the rescheduled program.
- All prizes are transferable to family and friends, but the user of the credit must be 18 years or older.
- By submitting your photo, you’re giving Operation Groundswell permission to use your photo for promotional materials.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
- Winners will be contacted and announced by December 10th.
- The prizes have no cash value, and the credit is only applied once the participant has paid their deposit on the program of their choice.